Horizon Wind Inc has not provided information on what the acoustic levels will be for Wind Turbines on top of the Norwester mountains and how the wind acoustics will echo and travel throughout the Kam River area. I can hear someone hammering from 2 km’s away , so I am greatly concerned about the noise levels that these turbines will create.
Search this site
Up Coming Events!NMEPC Monthly
South Neebing Community Centre
Held the 1st Thursday of every month
TIME: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Ontario Wind ResistanceCheck out Ontario Wind Resistance to see what others are saying about Wind Turbines in Ontario. See the links below
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Wind power at the expense of nature?This press released by nature & ëmwelt a.s.b.l. responds to the repeated killing of red kites at the Weiler wind energy facility located in Luxembourg. The facility consists of seven Siemens SWT-3.0-113 turbines (21 MW) that were commissioned in 2016. nature & ëmwelt a.s.b.l. calls for the immediate shutdown of this facility during the breeding seaso […]
- Wind farm shut down following discovery of red kite cadaversThe Ministry of the Environment immediately reacted to the news and requested a detailed report from the ornithological centre. In the meantime, the wind turbines have been suspended. The ministry added that the facility's operation follows strict constraints in order to protect red kites.
- Investigation launched after new US GE wind turbine collapseThe latest incident follows the collapse in February of a GE turbine at the Casa Mesa Wind Energy Center in eastern New Mexico, which only entered commercial operation in the fourth quarter of last year. The US OEM said then that it would investigate what it believed to be “an isolated incident”.
- DEP approves Weaver Wind projectA 22-turbine, $147.5-million wind farm project is one step closer to breaking ground after receiving approval from the Maine Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) on Friday. ...The company also has agreed to curtail the turbines during peak bat migration periods, and MDIFW has recommended that Longroad staff be required to record all bird and bat fata […]
- Blade breaks off wind turbine in Garden PeninsulaThe team at Heritage is working to determine the cause of the break and the next steps to take to repair it.
- Wind power at the expense of nature?