As a resident of the area to be impacted by the Horizon Wind Inc proposed Wind Farm on the Norwester Mountains and as one whose water supply comes from a well, my concerns regarding well contamination from blasting have never really been answered. I want a guarantee that my well water will not become contaminated. Numerous streams on that mountain range just appear from nowhere feeding into larger pools. So how can Horizon claim that our wells will be fine?
Search this site
Up Coming Events!NMEPC Monthly
South Neebing Community Centre
Held the 1st Thursday of every month
TIME: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Ontario Wind ResistanceCheck out Ontario Wind Resistance to see what others are saying about Wind Turbines in Ontario. See the links below
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- State regulators fine-tune several S.D. wind-project permits #SD
- Fishermen voice concerns during offshore wind hearing #NJ
- Nation Rise Wind Farm was not eligible for green energy wind down #ON
- No action taken on Cherry County wind farm proposal #NE
- Fishing concerns color N.J. offshore wind hearing #NJ
- Clinton County commissioners uphold moratorium on wind farmsA 3-0 vote Monday morning will keep a moratorium in place. First placed in 2017, it bans wind farms from being built in Clinton County. "I'm sure there are plenty of folks that are frustrated and disappointed, but at the end of the day we felt like this was the best decision for our county," said Clinton County Commissioner Joshua Uitts.
- Clinton Co. refuses to budge on wind farms, moratorium sticks despite E.ON's pushClinton County commissioners stood firm Monday on a moratorium against wind turbines, continuing the county’s ban on wind farms despite a Chicago company's push to change their minds. The decision came during a meeting at the Frankfort Community Public Library, with a large crowd of those in favor and against the potential placement of wind turbines in […]
- Antrim Wind project fined for delayRobertson said that TransAlta paid the Town of Antrim $50,000 for the delay. In the original contract with the town, TransAlta agreed to pay the fee if the turbines weren’t on line within twelve months after the start of construction.
- Wind turbine loses blade at Lal Lal WindfarmIt's estimated the blade came adrift around 6:40pm, the same time as the storm passed through the area. It's not yet known if the storm caused the turbine to break. The Lal Lal Windfarm consists of 60 Vestas V136-3.6 MW. The 228 MW facility was placed in service around June 2019.
- Potential wind farm leaves northern Boone community dividedThe possible development of industrial wind turbines in northern Boone County has left landowners debating whether to support the cause. E.ON Climate & Renewables is looking to generate electricity with these turbines on land they would rent from local residents. The farm could encompass up to 20,000 acres, according to previous Missourian reporting.
- Clinton County commissioners uphold moratorium on wind farms